Friday, October 5, 2012

Obesity help conference

So I am at my very first obesity help conference in Atlanta. Yes, I am obese...morbidly obese. I am five foot three and last weighed in at 272 pounds. I am not sure how I got this way exactly. I wasn't fat growing up, in fact, I was underweight a good share of my childhood. However, many years and four child births later, here I am. I wish I could blame someone else. My parents, my kids, my ex-husband . But alas, it is all on me. I just like to eat. So about a year ago I decided to have gastric bypass surgery. I went to a surgeon. They gave me a list of requirement to fulfill. I saw a dietitian,    a psychologist and I had to turn in a report from the doctor who had been prescribing my weight loss pills and visit my pop. Well guess what, the doctor had closed up shop and moved off, leaving me with no record of my weight loss attempts. So I had to start over. Now I have turned in all of my stuff, which still might not be right and am awaiting insurance approval. In the mean time I decided to come to this conference this weekend and learn all that I can about this surgery and life after. I am nervous because I am alone, didn't have anyone to bring with me. I am excited to learn what I can though and I am going to connect with others who can be a support to me along the way.  I have asked the Goddess to join me and guide me so that I can get the sits out of this conference. Now I just hope that I m successful .

No comments:

Post a Comment