Monday, October 15, 2012

SBB 2012

So we went to Southern Beauties and Beaus nationals this weekend. It was interesting. My son was my pageant tech for the very first time. It went well. I think his male energy helped keep things balanced. Anyway, I spent too much money as usual but the girls had a great time. Teagan won queen. She did the best she has ever done on stage. All it took was a five dollar bribe. I promised her that if she would smile during all three events, beauty, Barbie, and pirate, that she would get to buy something off the vendor's table. She didn't drop her smile at all! Sage, on the other hand, had a hard time this weekend. She was the last girl in a group of 12. The more she watched the other girls, the more nervous she got. By the time she got n stage, she was too nervous to do well. She ended up as second alternate. Her coach says we need to practice more. We are going to step up our game between now and the next pageant and see what happens. But she has decided to quit doing pageants. She wants to show hogs. In order to buy a pig, we cannot buy a new dress. It is her choice and I will honor it. Bt I am sad about it. I love doing this with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment